Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good

As you may have noticed, graphic designers have a ridiculous amount of power. We influence society like none other. Just look at what happens when you show someone a series of corporate logos (the Golden Arches, the Nike Swoosh, the Apple). Nine times out of ten, they can identify the company connected. Potentially, we have the ability to brainwash the entire public.

So we have to decide. Are we going to use our powers for good, or for evil? "With great power comes great responsibility," - one of my favorite quotes from Spiderman. And so true. This is why, when a competition like Good 50x70 comes along, we need to get involved.





This is going to be a step in the right direction. The due date is far from now, so there is plenty of time to think about it. So consider it. That's all I'm asking. Let's do some good! I'm going to start brainstorming.

(P.S. Massimo Vignelli is a judge! How awesome is that??!)

2 comments:

Command Z said...

I prefer to use my powers for evil. I'm gonna make graphic design for PROFIT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahaha!

Stefanie Pepping said...

Tdub, I always knew you were a bad egg!!